1.Q: How can I apply for study in Sichuan University?

A: You can apply through the Online Application System via http://scu.17gz.org/member/login.do.

After online application, teachers in charge will inform the applicants (who have passed the online audit and also been admitted by the University) of the admission via E-mail and mail them a Letter of Admission and JW202 Form.

2. Q: When is the deadline for online applications for the spring and autumn semester?

A: The deadline for spring semester is December 31st of last year, and that for autumn semester is May 30th of the year.

3. Q: What scholarships can I apply for as a student?

A: Chinese Government Scholarships and Confucius Institute Scholarships are available for students before entrance.

4. Q: When and how will the living expenses for scholarship students be issued?

A: The scholarship students should sign at Overseas Students Office (2nd Floor, West Dorm for Overseas Students, Wangjiang Campus) from 1st to 5th every month, and then living expenses will be remitted to the specified account of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) around 15th every month. During the winter and summer holidays (February and August), scholarships will be paid in advance. Upon arrival, the scholarship students should open an account with his/her passport in ICBC, the branch of which is around the campus, then scholarship students should register relevant information at Overseas Students Office.

5. Q: Will the university cover insurance for me? How much is the insurance fee?

A: International students studying in China must be covered by medical insurance. 

Full scholarship students can enjoy free comprehensive insurance for international students, including Medical Insurance for Accidental Injury, Hospitalization and Medical Insurance, Accidental Disability Insurance and Death Insurance. Hospitals are limited to public hospitals in mainland China.

For more details, please refer to http://www.lxbx.net/, where you can have a deeper understanding of insurance products for international students.

International students without full scholarship (including but not limited to exchange students, students prolonging the study and agreeing to tuition waiver, and MBBS students who have been practicing for less than one year in our university and paying tuition weekly) have to cover Comprehensive Insurance for Foreigners in China or overseas medical insurance in his/her home country (relevant certificates issued by insurance companies are required). The university can help to cover the insurance, for which students shall pay 400 RMB/semester.

6. Q: How can I contact the teacher responsible for the program?

A: Ms. Zhou, nic8203@scu.edu.cn, 0086-028-85407199

  Ms. Yang, yangliping2016@scu.edu.cn, 0086-028-85405773

Go Top